- About Us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Australia-Malaysia relationship
- Australia-Malaysia Institute
- Australian Federal Police
- Customs and Border Protection
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Overseas Passport Application (PC8)
If you are applying for a passport for a child, or if you are an adult and are not eligible to use the PC7 form, you must use the PC8 form.
All applications must be lodged in person by the applicant or by one person with parental responsibility for the minor. Minors aged 10 years and above must sign section 18 of the application form. Application fees are paid when you lodge the application.
Please take some time to read the instructions on the application form carefully, and visit Passports Online. We cannot accept your application until all requirements are met. Applications must be completed in black ink pen.
We are required to sight original documents for ALL applications. We do not accept copies, or certified true copies, under any circumstances. All documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by an English translation by an official translator.
For first time child applications, the child (applicant) must be present at the time of interview.
How do I get a PC8 form?
- visit www.passports.gov.au to complete the form online, and then print it; OR
- if you do not have internet access, or are unable to print the form, contact us on +603-2146 5575; OR
- collect the forms at the Consular/Passports Office, Australian High Commission, 6 Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, Kuala Lumpur.
Photographs for PC8 applications
Please supply two recent passport photographs (not more than six-months old). Read the strict requirements carefully to ensure your photographs are acceptable.
The back of one photograph must be endorsed (by the person who completed Section 11) with "This is a true photograph of ...... (Applicant name in full)" and signed by the Guarantor.