- About Us
- Visas and migration
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Travelling to Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Australia-Malaysia relationship
- Australia-Malaysia Institute
- Australian Federal Police
- Customs and Border Protection
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Visitor visa (Subclass 600)
This visa allows people to visit Australia for a holiday or recreation, or to visit family and friends. You may also use this visa for business visitor activities. You cannot work on a visitor visa.
There are 2 streams that you can choose from when lodging an application for this visa in Kuala Lumpur:
- Tourist stream - for holiday and visiting family and friends
- Business Visitor stream - for business visitor activities
You should apply for the stream that best suits your situation.
Business activities include:
- making general business or employment enquiries
- investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract
- activities carried out as part of an official government-to-government visit
- participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars, as long as you are not being paid by the organisers for your participation.
For information on which visa is appropriate for your domestic helper, please refer to the domestic helpers accompanying their employer/s information on our website.
Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)
If you hold a citizen passport issued by one of the below countries or regions, you may be eligible for an ETA and will not need to apply for a tourist visa. Certificate of Identity and Document of Identity holders are not eligible and must apply for a tourist visa.
- Hong Kong SAR
- South Korea
- United States of America
For more information on ETAs including how to apply, visit www.eta.immi.gov.au
Before applying for a tourist visa, you may want to check if you are eligible for an eVisitor visa. The eVisitor can be used for tourism purposes and you can apply for the visa online.
Visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website for more information about the eVisitor visa.
Visitor Visa Guide
For further details about the different types of visitor visas available, see Visitor Visa Guide.
Health & character requirements
In some circumstances you may be requested to undertake a medical examination. More information explaining the health and character requirements are available from this website. See: Health requirements and character requirements
How to apply
If you hold a passport from certain countries, you can apply for this visa online at http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/600.htm
To lodge a paper application:
- Download the visitor visa checklist (PDF, 122 Kb, 4 pages)
The checklist will help you prepare all the documents you need for the application.
- Download and complete the correct form
Tourist stream - Form 1419 (PDF, 481 Kb, 16 pages)
Business stream - Form 1415 (PDF, 430 Kb, 12 pages)
- Make sure you have the right application fee
- Read the information on how and where to lodge your application
- Lodge a complete application at the Australian Visa Application Centre
Other related information
This page was last updated on 16 January 2014