- About Us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Australia-Malaysia relationship
- Australia-Malaysia Institute
- Australian Federal Police
- Customs and Border Protection
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Application forms and checklists
You must use the correct form to apply for your visa. If the wrong form was used, the application will be returned and you will need to lodge a new application.
Forms for all visa types are available on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship website under the Applications, Forms and Booklets section.
To support your visa application, there are some documents that need to be submitted together with your visa application. Different types of visas will need different documents.
Documents that are not in English will need to be translated by a qualified translator (PDF, 32 Kb, 1 page). If not, you will be requested to arrange for translation and your application may be delayed.
To help you with your application the below checklists lists the documents you should attach with your application.
- Visitor visa checklist (subclass 600)
- Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (subclass 400)
- Student visa checklist (subclasses 570, 571, 572, 573, 574, 575, 576, 580)
- Transit visa checklist (subclass 771)
- Work and holiday visa checklist (subclass 462)
- Temporary resident visa checklist
- Medical treatment visa checklist (subclasses 602)
- Child / Adoption / Orphan relative visa checklist (subclass 101, 102, 117)
- Prospective marriage / Partner visa checklist (subclasses 300, 309/100)
- Other family – Aged dependent relative / Remaining relative / Carer visas checklist (subclasses 114, 115, 116)
This page was last updated on 24 March 2013